Five Years

Five years ago, I was supposed to get Married. 

It is hard to think that it would have been Five years on April 16th.  But then again, I can't complain. He never really loved me, just the thought of me .... and I feel it may have been the same for me. So I can't place all the blame. 

Five years, and I have been single for four of them. 

Back to being single again as well. I got dumped this time with the lovely line " its not you, its me". Thanks bro.  But looking back, I have to wonder why. Why am I just not date-able? Is it me? Is it the kids? My generation sucks.  Sure I have my standards and no I don't think they are too high. Then I look at some of my friends who are in 10 yr+ relationships and not happy. I don't want that. I want to be happy. I think we all deserve that much. Maybe I've lost my person, or passed them up. And that is something I can start to come to terms with. I have me, I have my kids and I have my workouts. 

Five years, I have me and my kids. 

And that is okay. It has to be okay. Two children that do nothing but love me and make me realize no matter what, I am here for them. They are my reason to be happy. Sometimes, you just don't have a person, you have persons that you care for, and help grow so they can find their person.

Sometimes a lot can happen in Five years. Sometimes your life just stands still. Lets hope the next Five are positive. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleep Deprivation

There is the Ups, then the Downs.

To lazy to think of a title.