MIA
I realize it has almost been a full year of silence from me. This isn't because I haven't wants to say anything, I just was keeping myself so busy I never got around to it. I kept trying to write posts from my Ipad and then it would crash. Here I am, sitting at my computer, ready to give life updates.
From April to July my life was very day to day. Nothing exciting. Then, I made the choice at the end of May to go back to school. It was the best choice I have ever made. Granted I barely have time for myself, but I will have my BA by 2018. I hit the 10 year mark at my company as well. So lets start there.
August was an extremely emotional moth for me. I found out on a Friday morning that I had been accepted for yet another Temporary Assignment and that I got accepted to school! ALL Within an hour of each other! I was very lucky to even have the opportunity to apply as I was on a cool down for Temporary Assignments. It was a coordinator role for the Talent and Organizational Development team. I LOVED it after week one. And they are flexible with my school schedule as well which started two weeks after my TA did.
In September I decided to run a 10k on a Saturday, and then the very next day come back and run a half marathon. That is a total of 19.3 miles in 24 hours. I was very proud of myself and it was extremely rewarding. It was a very rewarding feeling knowing that I could indeed do it. I did the 10k in a little over an hour and the Half Marathon just under 3 hours.
A few weeks later in October, I did my very first Tough Mudder. This is 12 miles and 20 obstacles as a group. My group was amazing and supportive. I was scared shitless. I really didn't think I would be offering anything to the group and that I may not even be able to complete. However, 5 hours later here we are completing and feeling amazing. Of course I want to find a group and do it again. I have never had so much fun as I did that day.
November was crazy as I finally had my first Thanksgiving off in years. I wasn't really sure I knew what to do with myself. So I just kept going to school, work, superfit, running, and taking care of my kids.
December was another emotional month for me. The End of my TA was very near and it was almost company Vegas time. So we had a meeting and we started it with my new team making posters to tell me how much they appreciate me and I was getting very sad knowing I was going to leave. Then all of a sudden my current boss read me an OFFER LETTER. They wanted to keep me! I cried so hard it was so unprofessional. I couldn't have been happier. So I went to Vegas and came back as a professional, non customer support representative. I am now part of the Human Resources team and I do not plan on looking back. My degree and hard work finally paid off.
So here I am. 2017. Still Single and completely okay with it. Like I have said before, I do get lonely sometimes, but I realize I am worth it. I am worth someone being amazing for me and if I have to wait forever for that, then that is okay. Some will say that sounds sad and bitter, but it really isn't. I am truly happy and just don't really have the time to throw a man into the mix.
From April to July my life was very day to day. Nothing exciting. Then, I made the choice at the end of May to go back to school. It was the best choice I have ever made. Granted I barely have time for myself, but I will have my BA by 2018. I hit the 10 year mark at my company as well. So lets start there.
August was an extremely emotional moth for me. I found out on a Friday morning that I had been accepted for yet another Temporary Assignment and that I got accepted to school! ALL Within an hour of each other! I was very lucky to even have the opportunity to apply as I was on a cool down for Temporary Assignments. It was a coordinator role for the Talent and Organizational Development team. I LOVED it after week one. And they are flexible with my school schedule as well which started two weeks after my TA did.
In September I decided to run a 10k on a Saturday, and then the very next day come back and run a half marathon. That is a total of 19.3 miles in 24 hours. I was very proud of myself and it was extremely rewarding. It was a very rewarding feeling knowing that I could indeed do it. I did the 10k in a little over an hour and the Half Marathon just under 3 hours.
A few weeks later in October, I did my very first Tough Mudder. This is 12 miles and 20 obstacles as a group. My group was amazing and supportive. I was scared shitless. I really didn't think I would be offering anything to the group and that I may not even be able to complete. However, 5 hours later here we are completing and feeling amazing. Of course I want to find a group and do it again. I have never had so much fun as I did that day.
November was crazy as I finally had my first Thanksgiving off in years. I wasn't really sure I knew what to do with myself. So I just kept going to school, work, superfit, running, and taking care of my kids.
December was another emotional month for me. The End of my TA was very near and it was almost company Vegas time. So we had a meeting and we started it with my new team making posters to tell me how much they appreciate me and I was getting very sad knowing I was going to leave. Then all of a sudden my current boss read me an OFFER LETTER. They wanted to keep me! I cried so hard it was so unprofessional. I couldn't have been happier. So I went to Vegas and came back as a professional, non customer support representative. I am now part of the Human Resources team and I do not plan on looking back. My degree and hard work finally paid off.
So here I am. 2017. Still Single and completely okay with it. Like I have said before, I do get lonely sometimes, but I realize I am worth it. I am worth someone being amazing for me and if I have to wait forever for that, then that is okay. Some will say that sounds sad and bitter, but it really isn't. I am truly happy and just don't really have the time to throw a man into the mix.
Comments