Thanksgiving 2017

This month has been a bit interesting, full of ups and downs.

I am going to start with highlights and then go into some details after. My best friend asked me to be his girlfriend on November 4th. I, of course said yes and I am sure I already love him. Thankfully, he has no idea that I have this blog and won't see that or he would run away so fast. Then a WEEK after he asked me to be his lady, he got a job offer in a different area.... 6 hours away. For his Birthday, we decided to do a terrain race, this was on November 19th. Then, that evening I found out that my grandfather passed away. My dad has been losing his shit, and being a giant jerk because of it as it was his dad, though I think it really just made his normal behavior a bit more unbearable. Today I took the kiddos on their very first 5k and it was a bit rocky, but we completed in less than an hour.

So! Let's get into some detail shall we! As you can see it has been a bit of an emotional roller coaster for me. On November 4th, I took my now Man to a convention and a concert of one of our favorite bands (Muse). After, we went back to his hotel to get him all checked in before I went back to mine. While there he asked me to be his Girlfriend which is actually a big deal as that is a huge step for him. Here I was, living on the high that the one person I could imagine spending the rest of my life with, asked me out... and he calls to tell me he has been offered a job far away and that he wants to talk about it, as he wants to take it... ONE WEEK after we are official. Of course, there was no way I was going to say no. Though we've been friends for years, I wasn't going to make my first "girlfriend" decision on forcing him to stay doing a job that he loves, but doesn't pay him enough to support barely himself. Part of me wonders if he is only taking it to make more money now that we are together. I mean, I do have kids so I can understand why he would do that. I am a bit heartbroken over it as I know he isn't as serious about me as I am him, and I am slightly afraid of what will happen with the distance. Over the weekend we had a chance to sit and talk about it, which was rather difficult for me to do as I just wanted to cry and tell him that I love him, and will miss him while he is away. I do plan on trying to visit if I can afford it.

Fast forward one more week, it is time for our Muddy Warrior which did not actually have mud. This was a 5k, obstacle course that felt more like a 10k, but it was not.. It was just really hot. It was a lovely weekend where we got to stay, just us two and no kids in a hotel and just be us. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend with him, and for his birthday none the less. We then came home and relaxed for a bit before he went home to spend the rest of his birthday with his family (Who I haven't met, which is a bit of a red flag as we have been friends for more than two years)..... Thought VOMIT as I type... 

After the man of my dreams left and went home, I got the kiddos to bed and went to sleep myself. I woke up the next morning, which was Monday the 20th to find out that my grandfather passed away at the age of 92 after a few weeks in the hospital. Part of me knew it was coming, but I didn't really want to believe it was happening. This set my already mean father off onto another level of angry and mean. It's been a hell week with him around sadly. I do really worry about his mental state at the moment, but am not sure what I should do yet. I can't call for help for the fear they will put him in a center for a few days, which he will then miss my grandpa's funeral. That would be something he would never forgive us for. The week has already been tough just for obvious reasons, that just added to it. 

Today, Thanksgiving. I did a Turkey Trot with the kids. Their first ever official, timed 5k race. Baby girl had a hard time with it as she hates to run now a days, but my little man had a lot of fun. We all finished in under an hour (45 minutes!!!), even though I carried little miss for a mile and a half. Once we finished, we came home and cleaned up and drove up to my grandma's on my mom's side of the family. I made sure to give everyone extra loves as you never know when they won't be around any longer.

Over-all, this month has been crazy busy and I am not sure what the future holds. I can only hope for the best and continue to take everything a day at a time. I love you random internet family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020

Life Update

Effort