Career-Life Crisis?

Do you ever feel like your soul is dying?

There has been a series of events lately and it it feels so overwhelming.  On the 22nd of November I had a transient ischemic attack and thank goodness it wasn't worse. I didn't get any time off work because the owners had vacation planned and didn't want me not to be there with a relief Doctor, so I worked through the pain I was in, and I am still working through it when I can't feel my fingertips. I had an MRI and I've missed two calls with my neurologist and thankfully I see him in person this week to go over it since I can't seem to get him on the phone as I'm always working. I'm trying to take my meal breaks away from my desk because I need that time to regroup and focus on my mental health and make phone calls and get my life together without everyone else overhearing. However,  the owners are giving me a hard time about it since I'm salary. They feel that I should eat at my desk or between appointments. But I work 8.5 hour days, so I should be able to take a 30 minute break away from the office. If I worked a straight 8 hour day, then I would understand the need to not leave the business as I don't have an alloted time for lunch.  
Yesterday one of the owners gave me crap for going to lunch and said it would need to be a discussion and then today the other owner did when I haven't even had time to sit down or pee today or drink water.  I just needed to step away. For this first time I realized that I may not want to be in this industry anymore where people clearly don't care about people. They just care about themselves. Saving the world, one person at a time. That has been my center always. I need to find it again. Because right now, my soul is dying as I can't even save myself from the daily pain.  

Remember your why, but don't lose yourself just because you bought a business. Don't lose how you're supposed to treat people. Don't take people for granted. 

I could have died. There are days I wish I did. It's a sad thought, and a vengeful one. Because then maybe they would learn a lesson.  But then I could rest. My brain wouldn't be on fire. My heart wouldn't hurt. It wouldn't be breaking for a career that I love and that I'm watching crumble around me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleep Deprivation

There is the Ups, then the Downs.

To lazy to think of a title.