Evolution of Posting


This blog has always been my release of thoughts. Word Vomit into the nothingness of the internet. When I started posting over 13 years ago, the internet was a much different beast than it is today. Social media is so huge now, and everyone does it.
      First, this blog helped me get through one of the most devastating losses of my life, at least I thought it was a loss. Now it is more of an annoyance that I have to deal with for a few more years. Watching someone not care about their kids is always a hard thing. I am sure he cares in his own way, just not in a way that is healthy for the babies. But that is not the point of today's post. 
     I realized that recently I have been talking a lot about something I have kept hidden from the world for a long time. Why? Because it has been something that is uncomfortable to talk about and is embarrassing to talk about and frankly, scary to talk about. Domestic Violence isn't something that you can just talk about and hope everything will be okay. Yes, I type about it to get it off my chest. But the fear of him finding out is there. Retaliation against my mom is a fear. The constant screaming at her every single night is still a thing. Victims do not get help. Sure, there are websites and resources out there. but as I mentioned in a previous post, we have to give up EVERYTHING to get the help. EVERYTHING. Our lives as we know it are over. It isn't fair. We are the ones who are being abused, and yet we get punished. So that is why I blog. I endure the suffering so I can have a house while I go to school. I've literally called the cops on my father when I was in elementary school and was taken to school in a cop car. This is how long this has been going on. It is getting worse again due to Dementia and Alzheimer’s. No, it doesn't make it okay. Being quarantined with an asshole, is also not okay. Enough of that.
     Back again to why this post. Talking about Domestic Violence should happen. Shaming people for not walking away and starting over, should not happen. It is not easy to walk away and start over. Not everyone has the endless resources to allow that to take place. SO how do you help someone? You can be there for them when they need you. Be an ear, be a shoulder to cry on. Ask what they need in that moment. Never stop asking what they need, because there will come a day when they say they need help leaving. That the time has come to pack up their stuff in the middle of the night so they can run away. But if you stop asking because you gave up, then the needed help is no longer available. Be a friend. That is what we need the most.

Fight for happiness. Fight for love. Fight for life. Fight for Humanity. This is not the time to give up on those you love.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020

Life Update

Effort