Living with Abuse
I had a seemingly good day today. I got a lot of work done that needed to be done and was doing my best to avoid any conflict. I even got a lot off my chest about things that really bothered me. Had a lovely night watching movies on the projector on the side of the house and then as everyone is getting ready to go to bed, at 10:45 pm, my beautiful day was ruined. This started a few days ago and it is finally coming out and everyone is the target.
Three days ago the "father figure" decided it was a good idea to take a bunch of boxes down and put them out in the garage. Now his car is parked out front like mine is always parked out front. Big Deal. He started a project that he expected other's to finish. What I mean is this. He took the boxes down and flatly told mom "fix this, clean it up". Who does that, it was his project and now he is demanding she cleans it. But the kicker is he wants her to do it while it is 100 degrees outside with no regard to her health or safety. So of course, she doesn't do it right away and slowly works on it. She doesn't mind that the car is outside, because to her it isn't that big of a deal.
Yesterday, he confronts me and goes "this is your shit, get outside and clean it up". I looked at him and explained that I was working on classwork that does indeed have a due date and I will get to it when I am able. I wasn't planning on working on the garage until after the homework and after my other project was done. Then today, I went to put gas in my car for the first time in goodness knows when and he confronts me again that my stuff has been in the garage for years. So I corrected him as nicely as I could to let him know that it has only been a few months since I closed out my storage unit and I have already gone through half of it, to which he replied "why the fuck do you always try to fight with me". I let it go because I am trying to not fight. I don't like my life to be miserable.
Tonight my sister came over with her projector and the kids, my mom and her and her husband socially distanced in the back yard to watch Zootopia. We had an amazing and lovely evening. We all worked together to clean up the furniture and everything. I couldn't have asked for a better evening as even my preteen boy cuddled with his momma. I am so used to him yelling at me and hating on me, that I just wanted to enjoy the moment. So I hear my sister leaving and then I hear yelling outside. I guess my dad decided he wanted to start a fight with her as she was walking out. I don't know why it started, but it did. Something about leaving the house a mess. So now, here I am listening to him yell at the air, my mom or me, and bang things around because no one cleaned up his mess in the garage. Says that we all disrespect him in his own house when all he does is try to boss us around.
Another night of listening to this crap, another night of abuse. Enough is enough and I cannot wait until I can get out. I will take my mom with us and he can have this big ol house to himself. Alone, just how he's always wanted it.
Comments