Another day, another sad thought
Sometimes I have to wonder about how we've gotten to this place. I feel like I am living in a movie, but a bad one. One where you are screaming at the TV screen that you know what happens next if you go down this road, but we do it any ways. So many movies have been written about what not to do, yet we do it anyway. It is amazing to me. I get that movies make these types of situations seem awesome and cool, but honestly, they aren't. Let us move forward, not backwards. Let's us unite, not divide. Some of us may be left behind because the idea of progressing to something greater is scary and I totally get that, but it is time we realize that this isn't about us individually, this is about us as a people. I think of phrases that have been said throughout time and I relate to them very differently than what they may have originally been used for. The context to me no longer matters, because the idea to me has changed or evolved over time. Statements like "we the people" in now, means to me, working together to change and actually become equal. We have such a long way to go on our Black Lives Matter movement, long effin way. I wish it was something that could be fixed overnight, but it can't be. There are too many people in this world who just don't understand, and who don't take the time to ask questions. Now, I am in no way saying that I understand 100%, but I still take the time to listen and be an ally. I also now I will never be perfect, but I will always try, and I hope when I mess up, someone will politely call me out on it to keep me honest. Because again this isn't about me, this is about us, about humanity.
This is all I have the energy for tonight. It is just a depressing state of affairs we are in right now.
Comments