Protests and Riots

I find myself overwhelmed with emotions today. It started early this morning when I picked up my son's belongings from school. His yearbook, void of any fun signatures from friends. Nothing that marked a fun end of the year. I cried as I wrote a note in his yearbook on why it was blank. Because of COVID. I then came back to my room and cried because there was so much more I was thinking about. My poor little babies have to grow up in a world of civil unrest, racism and domestic violence. 

Then I went through my day, taking my classes, stressing out wondering why there is so much hate in this world. How we have fallen so far, so fast. I do not understand how people can hate one another so passionately for no real reason. I reflected on a conversation I had with a friend this weekend, on how if everyone was just nice to one another how the world would be so much easier. We are the people that say hello to strangers and smile at random people to brighten their day. We both understand that not everyone is okay with that, but it just makes the world a better place. I would happily give someone the shirt off my back if it helped them, because I want us to survive and be happy as a people. We can survive together, or die together. 

I am for protesting, it works. I prefer the peaceful sort because destroying a community is not really my thing, and I feel we lose our voice and the main reason we are protesting once people start getting hurt. I also know that there are those out there taking the chance an opportunity to use these protests to create chaos and fear. To make cops react in a certain way to show that ALL cops are bad. There are bad cops, and bad people and no matter what, they are always in the groups you least expect.

There was a peaceful protest in my community today and it was beautiful and it made me cry. As I mentioned above, I am overly emotional today. There is so much going on in the world and in my personal life that I just think my emotions are on overdrive right now. But this beautiful protest is about love, about equalizing rights that should have already been equal. BLACK LIVES MATTER. They always have. They always will. What you may not realize is, the more the world normalizes this hate, the more we will revert to the stone ages. Who is next? Asian Americans? Hispanics? Anyone who isn't the "correct skin color" is next. That has been something that has been very clear to me for the past three years. It has been something I have been fighting but no one has heard. If we don't fight now, and fight for the right reasons, anyone who isn't the "right skin color" will be next. It's bullshit, it's racist, and it's not fair that we have come so far in this world to take so many steps back.

Have you all forgotten we had a Black President? He did a decent job too. Sure, you can say he didn't, but that is because you all like to fall for the bullshit that the dumb ass media tells you. Just how the same media is only showing the negative side of the protests. Think for yourselves and realize that every single President has a good part and a bad part and just because Obama was black, doesn't mean that everything he did was bad. He did a lot, A LOT of good for this Country.

We've fallen so far in three and a half years and it hurts my heart. The hate. The Racism. The murders. The disrespect for human decency. The lack of humanity. The lack of faith in other people. The lack of caring. The selfishness. All of this has been normalized because of one person saying it is okay. One person is all it took to allow yourselves to throw morals out the window. 

Now, to be fair, if you have read this far, you are most likely not one of those people. The peopl who don't care would have already told me to eff off by now or some other name because I have greatly offended them by speaking my mind.  And I know that I may offend both sides because I do fall in a middle ground. I fall in the side of reality. I fall in the side of gray area, I fall where things are not black and white and not everythig is one extreme or the other. I fall where I can see both sides of the story, regardless if I agree or not. 

For over ten years now I have asked the internet to be better, do do better, and to make the world a better place. Now is time for change, We need to band together. If we do not, we won't survive.  Be better friends. Be better to those that hate me for even writing this post, In the end, we have the same biology. In the end, we all die and get burried next to each other, In the end, it is just the end. Live a life that you won't regret. Live a life where you can have no hate. Find love and find the beauty in those that are different. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleep Deprivation

There is the Ups, then the Downs.

To lazy to think of a title.